Monday, May 14, 2012

Bad Baby Names


This is a link to a blogspot that I love.  Unfortunately the last entry was in 2009 so I fear ZenAngel has lost interest or gotten a job or had a baby and now has no time to carry on.  I have chosen to carry the torch.  I do not come in contact with the same number of names I used to but there are times when I think "Holy BeJeebus,  how many drugs were involved in the naming of that child?"

The best I've seen is "StopLightLove PB."

I believe in all the rules listed in ZenAngel's guide, but I must state I am hesitant to list any ethnic names.  That doesn't say I won't.  I just hesitate.  Just because it is spelled funny or has 18 syllables makes it a bad name, but there are simply times that in relation to American societal stupidity the names are just funny.

Examples include:

The guy on Glee named "Iqbal."  Come one now, that's just an unfortunate name to have in an English speaking country.

I once saw a Vietnamese guy named Phuc Nguyen. It was pronounced "Fuck When."

I will justify any entry of an ethnic name is most likely related to the English pronunciation.

That being said, my boyfriend just made me the strongest cup of coffee I've ever had and I must leave to enjoy it.  Henry, this probably counts as a warning. I promise not to River Dance in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment