Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Hour - BBC

My fella  turned me onto this show.  It's about a weekly news cast in the fifties.  Perhaps MadMen for England.  It's excellent.


The pilot was just enough to let me watch the second episode.  The second episode was good enough to keep me up all night watching the remainder of the season. It's all about freedom of the press in England and the conspiracy theorists that participate in its darker corners.

The way to my heart is through a good plot.  Keep your gratuitous sex and violence. I have guilty pleasures, but I recognize them for what they are.  Hell, I read the entire Sookie Stackhouse series of books. The show isn't much like them anymore, but both are trash either way.

If you want to feel like a better, smarter and more interesting person, watch The Hour.

Link to BBC America

No comments:

Post a Comment