Tuesday, February 7, 2012

HMR Entrees

So I've decided to review my food from HMR.  I am trying a variety of additions to my meals to improve the experience. So far I love:

2 HMR chocolate shakes + 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa + 1 tbsp of PB2 and the ice/water mix recommended on the bag = magic.

I tried the Beef Stroganoff and it tasted like sadness.  I tried the turkey chili and while it could have used some crackers it wasn't bad.  It wasn't good either... I'll put it on the list of tolerable foods.  I told my counselor I was afraid they'd taste like nutrisystem and she assured me they taste so much better.  Well, the bar is not set very high.

I still like the shakes better.  The chocolate peanut butter bar and the honey graham bars are really good.  I mean they are "like old times" good.  If I need to go on a bender I've got a few of those in mind.

Yesterday I had a shake and it was with a shaker bottle that has the whisk in it.  I made it with water I'd mixed for metabolic green tea mango crystal light and added a tbsp of cocoa to the mix.  It was a bit chunky at times but wasn't that bad.  My new blender should be here soon.  I'll keep it up here for the lunch shakes.

You know when I was at one of my lowest points I was chatting on line all the time.  I would stay up until all hours of the night bearing my soul to strangers.  I remember one morning I stopped at Einstein's and got a few bagels.  I went to bed almost immediately after I got home and would roll over, take a bite out of my bagel and go back to sleep.  Then, that night I would chat all night while laying in bed, possibly eating at the same time.

I hope those days are over.  There has to be a better way to satisfy yourself emotionally than IMVU and asiago cheese bagels from Einstein's.

No comments:

Post a Comment