Friday, December 21, 2012

Those Silly Mayans



So far, I bet a lot of people are either disappointed or relieved the world hasn't ended yet.  Now it is 12:20 PM CST so I may be wrong.  I've still got a few hours to go before the day will officially be over, but I'm pretty sure we're clear.  CBS agrees.

Just in case I did get a text from my best friend:

If the world ends today, thanks for being my friend and co-conspirator. I love you.

Now that's just what awesome friends do.  It makes me feel inclined to send a mass text to all my friends but it's just a feeling and it will pass.

I'm pretty sure the day will go on as usual.

In light of recent events and the holidays and the fact accounting is not a trait that is shared genetically from mother to daughter, I fizzed out yesterday.  I'm glad my boss didn't see it because that would've been embarrassing.  I mean my job doesn't really require a lot of accounting but when it does, it really does.  I can do algebra so I'm pretty sure given some time I can figure out accounting, but yesterday, time was the variable I was lacking.  I fizzled, popped and ate a burrito because burritos always make me feel better.

My mom said I'm being mean lately and after telling her to get out of the car I went and bought a mattress.  Sleeping on an air mattress was a great idea in theory, but in practice, it's awful. I know a new mattress set is a risk since bed bugs are notoriously difficult to get rid of but I bought protectors and duck tape.  The mattress will be delivered some time on Saturday so I anticipate a nap and a good night's sleep.  My mom can rest easy and know I will resume my normal mood swing variations soon.  I'm sarcastic, all the time and bossy some of the time, but rarely am I ever mean.

After all of that is said this morning I saw an awful accident that made me realize how lucky I am that all I've had to do is deal with some pesky bugs.  My friend told me these kinds of things drive people nuts, but let's really look at it.  I'm inconvenienced by this.  I am healthy, for the most part and I have everything I need to function. I may breathe fire occasionally when the stress gets too much, but at least I don't have to worry about whether I'll be able to walk again.

In the spirit of doomsday my boyfriend wrote a tribute to Armageddon and the songs written about it.  Here is his blog.  Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment