Monday, November 17, 2014

Interstellar

It only got 74% of critics approval on Rotten Tomatoes. Some of their reviews were pretty harsh. The only question I have is: DID WE SEE THE SAME MOVIE?! It was AWESOME. It was little-kid awesome! Remember how you felt when you saw Star Wars? It made me feel the same way as a I did when I was a little girl and we defeated the death star.

We saw it on Friday night. It was so good that we saw it again on Saturday. I paid for us to see the IMAX each time. It was worth the cost of admission both times. It was worth the $20 snacks. It was worth the three hours and near-bursting bladder.

I told the guy at the taco stand this morning, "Take off work early and go see it today." He laughed me off but I was totally serious. If it hadn't been a Saturday I would have totally made arrangements with my boss to make up the work so I could see it the second time.

The science is a little loose. It requires you to let go and let your imagination believe it's true. That's where the science meets the fiction. If you can let it go and let the story happen and see it for the beautiful masterpiece it is I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

Christopher and Jonathan Nolan have incredible minds. For two people to come up with such an intense and well developed story that can be told in 3 hours makes me happy and hopeful for future movies from them. Granted there are parts that were obviously abbreviated for time. (If I list them I'll have to spoil the movie which I refuse to do.)

Go see it. Go see it twice. Let your imagination go. Get your geek on and stimulate your brain. I promise you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment