Monday, April 2, 2012

new signature

I am so tired of people sending email from their iPhones.  At the bottom of all the emails "Sent from my iPhone." It is so pretentious.  I hope my email from my phone says nothing of the sort.  So, in the truest form of my spirit I added the signature at the bottom of my email:


I figure that's fairly accurate and because I use GMail it will attach to any email I send from my personal account regardless of the source.

I feel as if I am getting older and older every day.  I know smart asses, I am, but not just physically.  I wonder what the hell the youth of today are doing, wearing and who they're doing all this stuff with.  The guy who for all intents and purposes is my brother-in-law said that he got an iPhone 4 for his 18 year old daughter and she cracked the glass.  WHAT?! You spend how much money for her to ever-so casually break it?  I suggested he give her a brick to carry in her  back pack as punishment.  Not just a brick, a big-ass paving stone or something equally entertaining.  He told me I was crazy.

I did not have a cell phone until I was 24.  Even then it was the first generation pre-paid cellular phones because I couldn't afford a home phone.  I just used it to call in sick to work or call a cab for a ride to the clubs on the nights I called in sick to work.  If my former supervisor is reading this, I told you to suck it when I quit.  Now that I'm sober most of the time I'll happily tell you again, only this time there will be tears. Yours. You are a stupid little man who will never know the joy love because you are unworthy...

I digress.

I am not a mother so I don't understand the need for a child to have a cell phone.  It seems to me like you are at their mercy because you need them to be able to contact you and you can't take it away.  My friend broke her daughter's cell phone in a fit of rage and was forced to buy another one a few days later.  If you ever get a chance to see her tell the story it's worth it.  Then ask her about her daughter's voice mail and how she saves the recordings so she can laugh at the way she says in Minnesotan, "...it's yer ma."

Maybe I'll make that my signature...

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, three years ago, when I got my first smartphone a Motorola Q9c, I was one of those people. My signature line read "sent from my mobile device" just so people knew I could. Since then, my signature is the same regardless of the method. - Eric

    ReplyDelete