Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sexual harassment

Sexual harassment is never okay

Is it too much to ask that we not be ruled by a bunch of men, they're predominately men, who try to justify sexual harassment in the workplace?

It wasn't okay when Clarence Thomas did it and he got appointed to the Supreme Court.  It wasn't okay when Bill Clinton did it, and he got elected.  Now Herman Cain is being raked over the coals because he did it in the nineties.

Quit justifying it guys.  It's wrong.  It's wrong to make inappropriate comments, view questionable "art", access dating websites, imply sexual favors are due for anything at work or make chauvinistic comments.  Don't blame my frustration on my period, of menopause or not getting fucked like I should.  Don't threaten me with my job because I won't perform for you or wear the clothes you want to see.

I woke up today a human first and a woman second.  I expect to be treated politely and with regard to my title and job description.  If you want to have a beer after work, ask.  If I say no, leave it.

And for the record, I had to "counsel" a "straight" man for making "sexually explicit suggestions" to a gay man.  That was awkward.  I talked to a woman, and actually fired her for making inappropriate gestures to another coworker.

SO across the board, sex has no place at work.  If you choose to take it outside of work, that's your own business but you risk your job if you can't handle yourselves at work.

Congressman Rand Paul

Oh, and one more thing.  Congressman Rand Paul you don't make jokes at work about sex because you have no sense of humor.  Have you ever smoked meth with a 14 year-old boy in Bangkok?  I was just joking.  Get it?  Did you notice what I implied by suggesting you were with a 14 year-old male prostitute in Bangkok?  Get it?  Bang-cock?!  Hilarious!  You said I should lighten up.  Now we can joke all you want. Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment