Friday, November 4, 2011

Dogs Rule

My friend Paul sent me this picture to "cheer me up."  My boyfriend said the dog wants to eat the baby, but I think the dog is proud to have a bucket on his head.  That dog is saying, "Don't make fun of mah baby hoomin or mah bukkit."

I understand that some people don't like dogs, but I don't understand why.  More dogs are like this than evil or mean.  Granted my dogs wouldn't do this.  My dogs were bred to chase rodents and then later, to be cute.  Dogs that are bred to be cute are unfortunately sometimes limited to being cute.  Mine are great at being cute.



I think if more people loved dogs this world would be a happier place.  Dogs and humans evolved together.  Dogs are the only other mammal that can point.  Pointing is a social gesture.  They will be the next ones to talk.  There are dogs today who can translate a photograph of a toy into a toy.  It may seem little, but humans cannot do it until they are two or three years old.  

Primates have learned to use language to communicate their needs.  But there is a difference between "I want water," and "Can you give me water?"  It may seem subtle to us, but it's huge to them.  I make accommodations for my dogs and they make accommodations for me.  I like my dogs more than I like most humans.  That's saying a lot considering every dog I've ever had shit on my carpet at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment