Monday, June 10, 2013

Current State of Affairs


My car got keyed a few nights a go.  Actually someone took a knife to it and did $2,400 worth of damage.  5 panels have to be repainted and the glass on my hatchback has to be replaced. Someone thinks I'm scum.  He hates me and everything I represent.  I wonder if it's because I'm a liberal.  I wonder if he thinks I'm a lover of black men and homosexuals who kills babies in my spare time.  (Plug in a few racial slurs to derive what I believe he really said.)

On Facebook I left the following comment: 

To the person who keyed my car. FYI. I spent many hours helping to get President Obama reelected. I spent 60 hours the last 4 days of the campaign helping him win Florida. We won. Key that.

I got a lot of feedback from my friends.  I had to clarify this person does not represent all Republicans because he, I assume this is a man, is a vandal and a creep.  He may not even vote.  He's just too stupid to form a sophisticated opinion that doesn't include retaliation for free speech.

I parked next to a huge black truck with Oklahoma plates that night.  It had camo paint and a POW/MIA sticker on the back of it.  I joked with my mom that the truck was so big because he was compensating for something.  I don't know if it was him, but I'd never seen that truck before and the next morning this was done.  Now I see that truck in the parking lot and I don't quite know what to do.

I really don't want to start a fight with someone who drives a big truck with a POW/MIA sticker on it.  It's reasonable to conclude he has a gun.  If this person has moved to my complex then when I get my car back I have to wonder if it will just happen again.

We are moving in September but how many times does my car have to get slashed?  I feel like such a coward because there is nothing I can do to protect myself.  All I can do is hope he will do something for the office to tow him.  Retaliation would only cause this to happen again.

I admit it.  I'm afraid of wingnuts with guns and this guy has proven himself to be one.  He told me to shut up and I'm still a loudmouth online but I'm really concerned about what he'll do to my car.  I've never wanted to move more in my life than I do right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment